The inaugural year of the CincyNanny Training Academy.
Practical. Affordable. Designed for Nannies.
4 Live Trainings in 2019 – Feb, Apr, Aug, & Oct
20 hours (CEU’s) available in 2019
Academy Training Certificate of Completion, Dec. 2019
By simply attending these trainings you “join” the Academy!
What an amazing addition to your professional resume.
February 9 – Household Masters
April 13 – National Nanny Training Day
Aug 17- Safety Training (Including CPR/First Aid)
Nov 9 – Presenting Professionally REGISTER (details below)
>>> ABOUT PRESENTING PROFESSIONALLY <<<
This event is for professional career nannies.
Tickets become non-refundable at 2:00 p.m. on Fri., Nov. 8th.
Training Value = 5 hours of credit towards the 2019 CincyNanny Training Academy
McCallister’s Potato Bar (make your own), cup of soup, & side salad
Sweet tea, soda, or water
Please note any dietary restrictions during registration.
>>> AGENDA <<<
8:30 Doors Open
9:00 Showcasing Your Unique Value – Leigh Aberle
Walk confident in your unique value so that you can stand out among other candidates.
10:00 Rocking Your Resume – Greta Schraer
Your resume is likely the first impression to a new family, so you want to get it right! We will talk through the elements, length and organization of a good resume. We will spend some time at the end giving positive encouragement & suggestions to our peers.
11:00 Communicating Your Job Needs – Leigh Aberle & Greta Schraer
Every nanny is different and every job is different. Let’s figure out your priorities, non-negotiables and what you are flexible on. We talk through how to communicate verbally and within the work agreement to set your job on a firm foundation from the start.
12:30 – 2:00 Drafting the ‘Leave-behind Portfolio’ – Greta Schraer
Come ready to get your portfolio started! This style is one that will focus on your unique strengths and be concise enough to print copies and leave behind or email a digital copy. See the ‘before the training’ below to take full advantage of this guided workshop.
>>> BEFORE THE TRAINING <<<
None of the below items are required, but will help you make the most out of your time at the training, commit to doing some or all of the prep work:
1. Draft your resume to make sure that you have gathered the correct & complete information and dates, going back 15 years and anything else significant to childcare. Sections might include: Employment Experience, Education and Additional Experience (volunteer work, side work, etc.) We can spice it up from there. If possible have a printed version of the draft with you for the training. If you would like your draft resume reviewed for direct feedback before the training, choose that option for registration, which closes Nov. 2nd. We will reach out and need a digital copy of your resume as by Nov. 2nd.
2. Think of your 3 biggest strengths or skills. If you are unsure ask your fellow nannies or employers to give you feedback.
3. Register for the free version of Canva an online design app at Canva.com. There will be free templates to utilize day of if you have signed up with Canva.
4. Create a Headshot. If you don’t have a professional one that’s OK. Fancy yourself and have a friend take one just below the shoulders on up. Make sure the background is solid, you are smiling, and there is sufficient lighting. You can always update this, but have something to start with.
>>> BRING TO THE TRAINING (OPTIONAL but encouraged) <<<
- Laptop – if you have one or even can borrow one bring it with you so you can work hands-on in the portfolio workshop
- Resume Draft printed (& digital too if possible)
- 3 Skills/Strengths
- Canva login in/password
- Digital Headshot
>>> MEET THE TRAINERS <<<
Family First founder, Leigh is a global-minded, seasoned nanny with over 13 years of combined experience being a nanny and bridging families with trustworthy, experienced household staff. She aspires for all household staff to have access to a supportive community with resources that help them bring their best selves into their life and work. Leigh has co-hosted National Nanny Training Day with other agencies across the United States, has spoken at Nannypalooza and continues to host classes for local nannies in Charlotte, North Carolina to help them grow in their field.
Greta is the founder and owner of CincyNanny. She has been in the childcare industry for over 20 years, working a professional nanny and youth minister. Greta serves on the International Nanny Association Board of Directors and was awarded the INA Nanny of the Year Award in 2010. Greta started CincyNanny in 2009 with a heart to advocate for nannies here in Cincinnati and support the nanny industry nationally. Since 2016, Greta has been matchmaking nannies and families. This includes interviewing, screening, and coaching nannies as they prepare to meet families for hire.