“It is absolutely critical to the safety of your children that you thoroughly check the background of the person you are considering hiring. Even if she comes recommended by a friend or family member, check things out yourself anyway! ” ~ Kathy Webb, Homework Solutions
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Not all background checks are the same. If you can get results online instantly that is your red flag that it is not a thorough check. It takes time to do a multi-county search.
- CincyNanny adheres to the professional nanny industry standard according to the INA & APNA.
- We partner with HRProfile for the screening services. They adhere to FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) standards, and have for over 23 years of doing business as a stand‐alone provider of employment screening.
- No matter where or how you find your nanny, you can perform background screening through us!
WHY SHOULD I SCREEN?
- Safety for your children
- Peace of mind for you, the family
- It let’s your nanny for hire know you view them as a professional when you adhere to industry standards
- The fees are minimal
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Contact CincyNanny (fill out the family application), once you have a final candidate and are ready to hire to start the screen.
- Screens will take 1-5 days after submission to receive a report, depending on the options that you choose. Please allow time for the process. 90% of Criminal checks (Basic Background Screen) have a turn-around time of 48 hours or less. Drug tests can take 2-4 days.
|BASIC BACKGROUND SCREEN||$95|
|7 Year Look Multi‐County Criminal Check – includes Protective Orders (for 7 Year Window up to 3 counties. Each additional county would be $10)
National Criminal Database
Violent Sex Offender Search
Motor Vehicle Record Search (includes current state fee)
|+ Drug Testing 9 Panel||$70|
|1 hour candidate interview
+ behavioral style
+ personality assessment
+ resume review
|Reference Checking (4)||$100|
|INA BASIC SKILLS ASSESSMENT|
|The International Nanny Association’s Basic Skills Assessment: 40 question multiple choice assessment on the subjects of health, safety, nutrition, professionalism and child development. Requires a 70% to pass.||$25|