- About 1 in 10 children experience child sexual abuse before their 18th birthday.
- 35% of child victims are 11 years or younger.
- More than 80% of sexual abuse cases occur in isolated, one-on-one situations.
- 9% of all 10-17 year olds receive unwanted sexual requests while on the internet.
- 23% of all 10-17 year olds experience unwanted exposure to pornography.
Our next professional nanny training will include a workshop from Stewards of Children. They say “we want you become confident and competent, knowing how to prevent sexual abuse and react skillfully if it occurs.” In the training you will receive a mix of survivor stories, expert advice, and practical guidance for preventing child sexual abuse. Learn about making choices, taking risks and supporting each other. You will also get simple strategies to prevent and respond to sexual abuse through “5 Steps to Protecting our Children.”
Please make it a priority to attend the training on Sat., June 20th.